Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Crib Debacle

Last night we finally put the crib together and moved the furniture around, so Tiny's room now officially had furniture! The only missing furniture was the glider. Then all we needed was wall art, a new ceiling fan, and curtains.

As we finished, I continued to be disappointed that the cherry finish on the changer and the crib were so different from one another. Just didn't make any sense to me. Then I noticed that the moldings at the base of both pieces were very different as well. I did some research online and looked up the crib pictures. Thought maybe I had ordered the wrong finish or something. Turns out, I ordered everything correctly, but the problem is that they gave us the wrong CRIB! Yes, I feel totally blonde for just realizing this now, after the crib is together. But, I'm crazy and neurotic these days, so after some tears when Chris expressed that it wasn't a big deal, and he didn't want to take it back apart to return it. Neither of us thought that the store would even take it back since we don't have the boxes anymore. I called the store and they said we could take it back and they will reorder the correct crib. So that is what is planned for this coming Sunday when my mom visits with her SUV.

I had some pictures of Tiny's room to share but now that we are returning the crib and getting the correct one I'm only going to leave you with two.

Tiny's room from the closet. I am making basket liners for the baskets on the changing table. We are going to use the same fabric as the curtains!


The ugliest ceiling fan EVER! I can't wait to get it out of the room.


More to come later as Tiny's arrival gets closer and our new crib arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment